Sunday, March 2, 2014

Solving "Sorry, you are not allowed to make this call"

May be you've heard about Betamax - the German Voip Provider, with their exceptional cheap voip service. They have dozens of retail and wholesale labels like 12voip, Calleasy, Poivy, Smsdiscount, VoipCheap and many more. Due to their labels, people always have to compare the price when they want to call to 2 countries or more.
There are many complains about their services, especially for no customer supports, no matter how many emails you send them.
Another big problem is the error code 08: "Sorry, you are not allowed to make this call" no matter how much money you've got in your account balance. The problem seems to be considered when Betamax blocks your IP for reasons that only they know.
I faced this problem 2 weeks ago with Poivy, and it took me one week to find a solution. I googled a hundred times and try many suggestions, but almost no luck. A forum in Czech suggested that user can change the IP address by using a third-party software like X-lite since it supports proxy. I tried it and using a proxy which was suggested in that forum (I don't remember the proxy). Yes, it worked, when I tried to call my mobile number with Poivy, but the problem is once one picked up the phone, you can not hear them say and they can't, either. It supposed to be the delay when you have to go through the proxy. If you do not use the proxy, you can not make calls.
So I continued searching to find other softphone that support voip procol, and I found Nimbuzz. Nimbuzz itself does support proxy, but I did not not use proxy since I was afraid of the problem mention above, but surprisingly, I can make a call with a very good sound quality, equally to Poivy without proxy. And my biggest annoying problem with Betamax has been solved.
After downloaded Nimbuzz and register for an account and login, you can add your voip account by going to tools => voice settings and look for SIP provider settings
nimbuzz_voip
The configuration should be like this:
Sip provider: Other
Username: your Poivy (smsdiscount, voicecheap...) username
Password: your password in one of those voip service
Domain: sip.BETMAXLABELS.com
where BETMAXLABELS should be replaced by the service you are using (in this case, it is poivy)
Proxy: keep it blank
And now, try to make a call ;)
The problem is you have to manually add contacts to Nimbuzz, but if you have a mobile phone that supports java and internet, you can install Nimbuzz mobile version on your mobile, backup your contact and sync it with Nimbuzz PC. If you are using a Windows Mobile based phone, things are even easier, try it yourself.
Now my IP has changed and I do not have to use Nimbuzz in order to be able to make calls anymore, but this is a good experience I want to share for people who is facing the problem with the cheapest Voip provider.

No comments:

Post a Comment